Monday, March 23, 2009

Update on Jed

Hello my friends and family,

Jed had another hard session of radiation, he has swelling on the brain and this is caused from the radiation. The process is not painful but the mask is now VERY VERY tight and this hurts his precious little face. I have made an urgent appointment to see his oncologist to discuss the option of cortisone to control the swelling. I have also made a pediatrician appointment (Dr Klass) for blood tests and to discuss pain relief. I will also see Janet Poole at the JHB General hospital to discuss the status and her views on the swelling. I may also put my pride in my pocket and see Kotzen. I knew that this was a possibility and I am sure the doctors will ensure that it is controlled.

DHL came to collect the DNA samples, photos, MRI reports to send to the team in Klerksdorp for evaluation. Thank you Norms! Erich is still in remission and this is the child that had the same tumor as Jed. I re-read Jed's MRI report and got all emotional I just believe that the UGLY thing has 3 nods now. One of the nods is 2.7 cm at time of MRI - let us pray that the BEN10 lights have sorted his UGLY nod head out!

Kirst, Penny, Fay and Christine THANK YOU so so so so much for the bribes, it has become very difficult for me to go to the shops so I can't tell you how much I appreciate it. The BEN 10 walky talky, alien fizz ball and watch attachments are very cool! Tommorrow's bribe is actually very special it is a 2007 Rugby ball signed by the springbok team - Percy Montgomery wrote a very special note to Jed "To a very special champ Jed, from YOUR NUMBER ONE FAN, Percy!" The marketing team of Ster Kinekor sent it! Very special.

I have attached a picture of Jordi and Jed. Jed had a wonderful day playing with Jordi, and they actually had a little swim (do not tell the boring medical team!!!) We made sure that Jed did not wet his head (that was added to prevent my mom from having another stroke!). Although Jordi can't walk he is moving those little legs in the pool and this means that there is hope!

Please pray for Jordi's beautiful mom Michelle as Jordi's radiation started today and he had to be put under GA for the process. Also pray for healing for precious Jordan!

Please pray the swelling is controlled and for Jed to be pain free! Please continue to pray for strength for me, I have had a very difficult few days, and although I try very hard to control my emotions and ensure I remain positive for Jed, at times I am breaking down in front of him and as you know this is not good for him, I am his strength and he needs a super strong mama!

With love and hugs
Bon and Jed x x

No comments:

Post a Comment