Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Subject: Jed's update 30 March 2009


Hi there,

Jed's platelet count is up to 50, but now his white cells are dropping; they are at 2.2 - chemo is still on hold and they have actually asked us to return the chemo medication. I always thought chemo was like antibiotics YOU HAD TO COMPLETE THE COURSE OR ELSE.....? Radiation went ahead today with the booster session. The mask is very tight on his head now and they put little bits of cotton wool inside the mask to ensure that the pressure doesn't hurt him. The ladies are so patient with him.

With the white cell count going down his immune system is weakened, however as I sit watching him play PS2, although slightly pale, he is back to his normal naughty self. I love the sound of his jumping on the bed and just now i heard him sneaking a quick jump.

A special heartfelt thank you for everyone who continues to contribute to Jed's fund. I don't have the words to thank you anymore, so I hand over to Jed.

Dear everyone especially my mommy's friends at DHL,

I want to say thank you for making sure that my mommy can look after me and get the best medicines for me. She makes me drink milkshakes and she says it will give me muscles and make me strong.

I love you guys for taking this one stress away from my mommy!

Please remember to ask Jesus to make me better and kill all the ballies in my head!

Love and hugs
Jed x x

From
Bon, Ray and Jed

PS: Attached is a picture of Jed's Grannys (I talk about them so often I thought you would like to see what they look like.) Bonny's mom is Funny Gwan, I am Soccer Gwan and Bob Gwan is Raymond's mom in case you have difficulty identifying us.

No comments:

Post a Comment