Monday, March 23, 2009

Thanks Durban friends!


16th March 2009


Hello everyone,

Jed had a good weekend and radiation went very well today. Our main concern at the moment is his eating, he is eating VERY little to nothing. His energy levels are still very high and he is bouncing around. The nausea medication has increased and although he does still vomit, it seems to be al lot less.

We have set up a fund account for Jed and if anyone would like to do some FUND RAISING (eg not from your own budget) for Jed this would be most welcome, brain cancer does tend to get expensive! Please know that this is not an expectation but only if you can. Any money contributed to the account will be used for medical expenses, supplements for Jed (this is about a R1000 month) and any special needs. Anyone in my family who is paying for Aunty Bee's care giver, your money will NOT be welcome in this account!!!!!!

First National Bank
Account No:62218655184
Branch: Greenstone
Branch code: 201510

Reference: Jed (medical)

The account is in Jed's name and is linked to my cheque account - Ray and I have access to the account.

On Friday we had radiation and blood count tests (still waiting for results) and on the way I realised I didn't have any bribes and I got a call from Janet (my friend) to say there was a parcel for me at her house. I went past her home, ran in grabbed it and flew out. As I arrived at the hospital Jed started screaming (he knows that this is the picking place and UGLY Dr Klass steals his blood). I opened the box and inside were all these cool goodies for Jed (blush blush me too!)... I told him to close his eyes and he could choice two presents, we did this before and after each test, radiation and chemo. The box was so full I still have 8 bribes and we used it all weekend with the chemo. Donovan, Ramolla and the Durban team, I cried when I received the box and I can't believe your timing. I hate Fridays blood tests and you made it just a little easier for me! I just didn't get to the shops and Jed needed those little goodies, it just makes it easier. I love you guys.

Attached is a picture of Jed with his new PJ's from Ramolla... he thinks he is an alien monster in his new PJ's!

Thanks for all your love and prayers for Jed.

Please pray for Jordi who has a chest infection (he is doing radiation at the moment and goes under GA - they have had to put his treatment on hold)

With lots of love and hugs
Bon and Jed x x x

No comments:

Post a Comment