Monday, March 23, 2009

Prayers for Jordan and Jed! x x x


1st March 2009


Hi all,

Firstly, my mom is back home, it was a mild stroke from stress and uncontrolled diabetes (brat!).

The trip to PMB was over so quickly. I arrived at 19h00 on Friday night and I was back in Jhb by 15h00 on Saturday. Thank you to my precious friends Penny, Fay, Debbi and Nelly for being there is help me pack, wipe my tears and say a beautiful prayer before I left. I was so scared going down and your support got me through, never mind Fay who never allowed me to dwell on my misery - it was all work, work, work so that I could get back to my darling boy. I love you guys and thank you so much for the gorgeous presents for Jed! Thanks Christine for the great Ben10 walky talky!

Jed has been great all weekend, his dad did a fantastic job with the chemo on Friday, he did so well that dad is now "in charge" of all chemo!!! Well done dad!

I went into the chemist the other day to get myself some vitamins and Ensure... and the ladies in the chemist commented on how awful I looked, "oooo so skinny, and such big dark circles under your eyes, what on earth is going on...bla bla bla bla" anyhow I explained the story about Jed and what was going on and after some tears and hugs I left.

On the way down to PMB I got a call from a mom called Michelle who got my name from the ladies in the chemist. She started the conversation by explaining that she has a little boy aged 4, Jordan who has cancer on his spine. He has had 3 rounds of chemo and a major operation which has left him unable to walk. He too has a VERY rare tumor and it is also in nods, which means he needs radiation. Michelle was told that Jordan will need to go under general anesthetic each time he has his radiation (same was told to me!!!). I have encouraged Michelle NOT to allow the doctors to do the GA until she has tried the method I use with Jed. Michelle is hopefully going to come to the radiation session with us on Monday to see if Jordan will be able to cope without the GA. What a God send Michelle has been, I sobbed on the phone with her and it was so "nice" to be able to share my fears and speak so openly with someone I know without a doubt understands what I am going through. Please add Jordan to your prayers. I am looking forward to meeting him. Until November 2008 Jordan was a normal healthy 4 year old boy, now he is on chemo and can't walk. Life is sometimes a little too harsh for us to understand. I thank God that Jed has regained the use of his leg and arm post surgery, sometimes I forget how good God has already been..... Thank you Jesus that our Jed is still able to kick his ball and run around driving me crazy.

Please remember Jordan and Jed in your prayers, may God also give Michelle the strength to walk this difficult road.

With love
Bon and Jed

No comments:

Post a Comment