Monday, March 23, 2009

So chemo really sucks!

Last night was hectic. The chemo pills popped down little Jed far easier than I thought. I was really worried about my tiny man swallowing 5 large pills but he did it with ease. We finally got him to sleep at about 21h00.

At midnight I woke up with such a fright and then about 2 seconds later Jed started to vomit. There in the vomit was the mac and cheese and the fresh juice I had bribed him to eat and drink. He vomited none stop for about 2 hours - his little body was shaking and hot. He was sweating. Ray and I sat with him talking and trying to keep him calm. If I gave him a sip of water - blast - the water came out... nothing seemed to stay down. Thanks VALOID!!!! Then for another 2 hours his body lay heaving and he was grinding his teeth.... I asked him if he was okay and he said "mom you know i'm sick" so I say "yes my love I can see that and mom's here with you" and he says "well mom, I'm only sick coz I need my lazer gun that is in dad's car, if you get the gun I will be better".... so at least I finally know the cause of the brain cancer - the dam lazer gun!!!!

We had no choice but to rush Jed to hospital this morning and I knew the whole ride there that the chances of yet another overnight stay was inevitable.... but I prayed and begged the nurses not to admit us... I got him to hold 100mls of apple juice and a slice of bread before the doctor arrived. He said if I managed to keep him hydrated I could keep him at home. 600mls every 6 hours. He also changed the medication for nausea to Zofran Zydis 4mg every 8 hours (more dam pills) so i'm hoping this will stop the vomiting. I need that homemade juice in my little dude's tummy!

Jed is doing okay today, he is allot calmer than his normal busy self but he is doing well considering. Last night I lay thinking (or going mad), each time he vomits the "weed killer" (my new name for chemo) is killing the cancer cells and that inside each little vomit is tiny little bits of tumor growths, so tiny you can't see them with the naked eye! The chemo is slowly killing them - behind the "weed killer" is the power of our prayers and the strength of Lord - watch out cancer - you are in for the fight of your life and we are looking forward to seeing you die! Yebo!

I'm off to watch Ben10 again and enjoy some time with Jed. Allot of people have asked if they can send Jed a toy or a present... you are more than welcome to get him a present or even better take the money and put it in the collection box at church or buy something from some cancer organisation.... but if you really want to get Jed a toy please feel free to do so. You can drop it at Morningside oncology - we go there for radiation every single day (next to Mcdonald's in Rivonia road) - Just say it is a present for Jed - they all know him there or give the present to Andre B in I.T at DHL - I'm very good friends with his wife Janet and she will ensure the present gets to Jed. But, honestly, all Jed needs is your prayers.... We don't invite people around or go out coz if you thought I was paranoid before - YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW BAD I AM NOW!!!! But the reality is that Jed doesn't have the immune system (at the moment) to fight off daily germs so we stay home, build puzzles, watch Ben 10 and play indoor soccer.

I ask again that we don't stop praying for Jed's recovery.
Lots of love
Bonni

No comments:

Post a Comment