Monday, March 23, 2009

2 days down and this was a brilliant one!

Hi guys,

Here is your update....

The radiation session was at 08h15 this morning - Jed was still zonky from the chill med's he was given the day before - he slept from 17h00 - straight through and was still all sleepy when I dressed him this morning....mmmmm this does not please me at all. So this morning I told the radiation team that I was NOT keen on the chill meds (Vallergan Forte) and I wanted to try the treatment without it. I spoke to Jed and explained that if he was good he could get "4 ARMS" the Ben 10 Alien (thanks once again Grans) and he was as good as gold. I spoke to him over the radio and watched him on the monitor - he did not move. I was so proud of him, in fact we went and bought a lazer gun aswell to celebrate his "goodness level". He slept in the car on the way home but is up watching Ben 10 now and full of beans.

The chemo medication has arrived and we start that later on today. Let us pray that it kills off the tumor bugs or tails or growth spuds whatever the horrid thing rather to itself as and that together with the radiation we MURDER the tumor! Amen to that!

Other than that, Jed is looking very sexy with his little shaved head, a picture attached!

For those of you who have asked some questions let me answer in one mail,

YES financially we are fine! Jed and I have moved in with Ray here in Jo'burg (Germiston).
Jed is on Ray's medical aid
Yes, I have resigned from work, DHL has been wonderful and so very supportive, I was blessed to have an awesome boss!
No, I will not be going back to PMB - only to collect some odds and ends but I will sell off my goodies there.
and lastly, please I will ask for counselling if I need it, I have a shrink giving me some light anti depressants - mild dose, I have the worlds most wonderful pastor, I communicate with other moms on the web and have joined a site called TUMOR's SUCK and I chat to other people there. That is fine for me. I also see a social worker at the radiation clinic and trust me, they are watching me. All i need is the love and support I have received thus far, when I feel I can't cope - you, my friends and family will be the first to know, you have my word! I'm very strong at the moment and I believe this is due to your prayers and OUR positive belief that NOTHING including some ugly tumor will take away my baby boy!

So on that note, have a wonderful day and chat soon.

Again, I thank you for your prayers and continued support!

Lots of love
Bonni and Jed x x x

No comments:

Post a Comment