Monday, March 23, 2009

Chemo on hold - PRAYERS NEEDED


23rd March 2009



Hi everyone,

I have received a few sms messages to ask about Jed's treatment going forward. I have already updated my precious friend Jo Goodman so I'm not sure you may already know this but here is a mail for my family and everyone else.

The doctors have put Jed's chemo on hold. His blood platelets are too low for the treatment to be continued. This is not uncommon I am told. He is doing okay considering, he is very sleepy and has little red/purple spots on his legs (I think he is scratching himself) and he says he is itchy. I see Professor Janet Poole at the JHB Gen on Wednesday for blood tests. Jed has no veins in his hands and arms left (at the moment) that can be used so they will do a finger prick test on Wednesday and if the blood count is up we will immediately continue with the chemo, if not, the transfusion might happen or we will wait a few more days. The radiation continues... It is the chemo making him ill and not the radiation (I'm told!)

Tomorrow we start a booster radiation session for the last 7 sessions. We have the 2 sessions (as normal) and then the booster. The booster is at 104% (of whatever) and it aims at the tumour nods so we need to pray extra hard that the BEN10 lights hit the tumours and kick them right out of his brain. And stick a NO ENTRY SIGN on his cerebellar and entire body!

Considering Jed's current blood results, he did manage to eat half a slice of bread today with marmite, a small jar of baby purity and drink 2 bottles of Pedisure (this is a brilliant eating day!!) and his tummy worked (yes yes yes)! Trust me I love the sight of his pooh lately! His tummy get very bloated and sore if it doesn't work (also the chemo)

I have been contacted about some more treatment methods, Riekie (not sure of the spelling and I've never even heard of it), a special mat (R2800 a month) that relieves pain and repairs cells after chemo (i need to read up on this one but Jordi's mom seems positive about it) and then I have decided to see a homeopath. Jordi's mom has got some nausea medication that is really working for Jordi and it is homeopathic. And yes, I will check it out with the doctors first but at this stage I'm willing to try anything!

Attached is a picture of our precious Jed sleeping in his new car chair (just look at that head support!)

Thank you for your love and support. Today I received some mails that really touched my heart, you all have restored my faith in the human race! I love each and every one of you.

Love from
Bon, Ray and Jed x x x

1 comment:

  1. wow mom it looks lovely you have done some awsome work

    ReplyDelete