Monday, March 23, 2009

Jed is doing so well! Thank you!


17th March 2009


Hello everyone,

I have had the best day!!! Jed went off to radiation with no hassles. The play therapy report came back from last week showing that Jed is a very well adjusted and happy normal little boy. He is aware that he is sick but has no fear relating to his illness and well being. Considering this boy has moved house, had 2 very major operations and undergone some significant changes; I am very proud that he is doing so well.

Thank you Lulu (my sister Shelly aka Aunty Jelly) for the lovely presents. Jed was running around shooting all the radiologists and having a wonderful day. The new teddy's name is dog! Dog Jed (his full name). We really do have lots of bribes for this week.... x x x

We also saw Reach for a Dream today and Jed received a Sony Playstation (the early addition) and a BEN10 duvet cover! Awesome. Now for those of you who are starting to think that little man Jed is getting VERY spoilt I have a great answer...Firstly, I gave away all his toys when I packed up house in PMB (it was just too expensive to move them and they went to my staff who really appreciated it), he is home ALL day so he REALLY plays with his toys and lastly I can't think of a little man who deserves to be spoilt more. His appreciation for the tiniest present is amazing and he is LOVING the additional attention. He is also the only 4 year old I know that could lay still through radiation (most go under GA), he also swallows 5 large capsules a day (and they are huge) and the supplements, nausea medication, tummy medication bla bla bla. I still discipline him when he is naughty and before the grans go off the rails about this, I have too; otherwise he won't listen through the treatment. Imagine he started moving through radiation and didn't listen. So spoilt he is, but spoilt brat I promise you NOT!!! :-)

Janet and I then took Jed to the zoo (ja ja) and we had a wonderful day. We hired a cart so Jed and Janet (24 weeks pregnant) didn't have to walk, it was so much fun. Jed had a wonderful day.

So from this grateful mommy, a special thank you to everyone for the prayers. Jed is doing very well on his treatment, my brother is making huge progress, my cousin Cindy pulled through a major operation today and my aunts tumour has shrunk.... we just keep praying now for a miracle for Jed (and i know it will happen with your love and prayers!!)

Attached is a picture of Jed at the zoo! Our own monkey!

Lots and lots of love
Bonni

No comments:

Post a Comment