Monday, March 23, 2009

Pilchards can make you feel like a winner!

Hi all,

I'll start my e-mail with a little light hearted story. Jed and I went into OK (the shop) to get a few things before radiation today, anyhow we spent over R150 so we got to pop a balloon (some or other promotion). I put Jed on the counter and he popped the balloon and inside was a little note that said we had won a prize. He was delighted and started shouting and running around saying "yippee yippee i'm da winner". Anyhow, his prize was Lucky star Pilchards (hot chilli) a small tin. Anyhow when we arrived at radiation I had to go back to the car and show everyone at radiation the tin of Lucky star Pilchards. Jed is so proud of the prize he won - I think he believes it is some kind of trophy. All the girls at radiaiton clapped for him and said that he was so clever for winning such a great prize. My clever boy! We have the tin on display in our lounge now!

Radiation went well - he lay very still, I have included a picture which shows him laying down and what the mask looks like. It is VERY tight and it actually holds his head in place while he is having the treatment done. It is so tight that afterwards you see the red marks on his face from how tight it is. He cried allot today and he really needed mom's hair and the HEAD!!!! But he did calm down. Today's bribe was a Jedi sword with lights - he loved it!

Jed hasn't had a good afternoon since the treatment and has been vomiting allot. I think the combination of radiation and chemo is starting to show the true signs. He was very "lazy" this evening and didn't wanna play much. He also has terrible mood swings and gets very cross for very silly reasons. My patience is really being tested, but lucky the love I feel for him is enough to endure the odd "eina" I get from his frustration. Some more good news, is that the sore in his mouth has popped and seems allot better today (it was starting to really worry me!).

Thank you again, for the beautiful messages I receive by mail and sms, please promise me that you are not forgetting Jed in your prayers.

And to my darling sister, thank you so much for the very smart juice machine you left at Sandton Oncology. This is going to save me hours of time and I can't wait to try it out. Sipho (aka Jed) and I will be making juice in the morning and I'm hoping this will be faster than my old machine which sometimes took an hour to make 200 mls.....(excluding clean up time) I love you Lulu, you are so special - Jed loves his Aunty Jelly!

Lots of love and hugs
Jed and Bon x x x

No comments:

Post a Comment