Monday, March 23, 2009

Jed had a wonderful day, thanks to his old PMB toys arriving!!! x x x

Hi all,

Jed's radiation went a little better today. They slit the mask to allow for his brain swelling so it wasn't as tight. Jed is starting to feel a little more sleepy now. He slept really late this morning and only woke up at 09h15. He is his precious, lovely and gentle self today and we have had a wonderful day, playing TV games, building puzzles and playing with all his old "PMB" toys that were delivered to the house. He was delighted to see his ninja naddies! (Ninja Turtles!)

The oncologist reassured me today that he is doing all he can for Jed, he did say that the chemo is not used on children and we can only hope that the outcome is positive. They work out the dosage based on weight and this is how they determined how much to give Jed. He also said that I can give Jed pain med's if he is sore but the pain seems more from the tightness of the mask than a headache as such. I will just monitor him. He has an appointment to see Dr Klass for Blood tests tomorrow. His dad, Ray, will take him, I just don't have the strength to watch him fight it, his veins are very bad and it can take 3 or 4 attempts to get the required amount of blood. Considering my current state of mind, I know I just couldn't face it. We have radiation in the afternoon (please pray that he is good, Mandy has a day's leave!!!). I have also made the appointment to see the counsellor for myself and for Jed. We will start with play therapy on Monday. This is to determine how Jed is coping emotionally with the treatment and all the changes that are going on around him. I will then see her alone, she did mention that she believes I am in denial on how serious Jed's condition is and that I need to realise it is not skin cancer, IT IS BRAIN CANCER. I need to explain to her that if by some chance I wake up one morning and do realise it, I'm going to be finished. She just needs to leave me in "la la" land for now!

Jed loved his rugby ball, but I think he would have been happier with Mandy's signature. But thanks anyhow Percy!

I have received some mail from people I don't know that have heard about Jed and they have mentioned that they are praying for him as they received a mail sent on from a friend or family member. I thank you for this, as before God we stand in numbers and pray for complete healing of this precious child.

Attached picture shows how cute his funky new head gear is! He is totally cool!

Please also remember Jordi in your prayers and his mommy Michelle!

With love
Bon

No comments:

Post a Comment