Friday, May 1, 2009

Port done


30th April 2009


Hi everyone,

We are finally home with our precious little boy. The operation went well - Professor Peter Beale was wonderful with Jed.

Jed woke up in al lot of pain and he was screaming with big scared eyes. He looked like a beautiful innocent and terrified baby! He was looking at me shouting "mama why are you doing this to me, please mama help me!!!" - I have never in my life felt more helpless and completely pathetic!!. All I could do was cry with him and tell him how much I loved him.

We had a little drama as the doctors left a needle in for the chemo but the chemo mix will only be ready on Friday - I started shouting for the nurses to take it out, it was the biggest dam fish hook needle I have ever seen. I completely lost in with the nurse and Ray had to calm me down. I was a little bit of an embarrassment but the needle was promptly taken out so my temper tantrum was worth it. They also left the drip in - which they removed again after me making lots of noise.

Jed is now playing with his new toys and is looking allot better. We are keeping him drunk on pain medication and will continue to do this until he is back to his old happy self.

Thank you so much for your prayers and please I ask that you don't stop praying for our boy. Also thank you mom, Socky Gwan and Pat for being with us today.

Attached is a picture post operation - this shows the plaster and you can almost see the port - I can see it clearly - looks like a lump about the size of a 50 cent piece!

All my love
Bonni x x x

No comments:

Post a Comment