Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Start of long road of chemotherapy


5th May 2009


Hi there,

Just an update on little Jed.

We have decided to change doctors. We met with Dr David Reynders at Unitas on Friday (yip the PUBLIC HOLIDAY) and he will start Jed's chemo on Wednesday. On Wednesday we will arrive at Unitas in Centurion at 12h00 and stay there for the night and maybe Thursday night too. He wants to monitor Jed during the chemo as he will be using a very aggressive type of chemo. This gives us allot of reassurance knowing that we will be in a safe place, should Jed have any negative side effects from the chemo.

Unitas will be our new hospital going forward and we will no longer visit the JHB Gen - there are a number of reasons for this decision. The treatment he will receive will be the same as at the Gen. There is no standard treatment or cure for Jed's cancer so no matter where we go - it will be more about the service and well-being of Jed. We will miss Professor Janet Poole and can only hope she will remain in touch with Dr Reynders and together they will support each other for Jed's sake.

I will at Unitas with Jed from 12h00 tomorrow (Wednesday) - I will be all alone at the hospital with Jed and I welcome any visitors (if you are healthy please). Please if you live near the hospital and would like to come in for a quick visit I would appreciate it. No children under 12 are allowed in an oncology ward.

I have not heard from some of you in ages. Please sms and mail me from time to time and tell me about YOU and your loved ones. I don't always answer my phone as I land up crying and I have to be super mom 24/7 but would appreciate a mail from time to time.

Jordi finishes his radiation tomorrow, he is still crawling around and making his mommy very proud. So a special thank you to the Lord for being with Jordi through his radiation; going under GA daily! Jordi is a true little champion!

Please pray the chemo goes well, attached is a photo of Jed before his port operation. He is back to his naughty self and he is finally out of pain, the eina is better!

Love
Bon and Jed

No comments:

Post a Comment