Friday, May 8, 2009

Chemo "one day at a time"


Hi everyone,

It has been such a blessing receiving so many messages over the last day or two on my phone. Thank you so much.

Jed has had a very hard time since the chemo. He is vomiting a lot, his tummy is running, his mouth is sore (and his butt), he shakes and his doesn't wanna eat or drink. The doctor is now monitoring his weight very closely. He is just under 19 kgs and at 107 cm he says it is becoming a worry. He explained to us about a feeding tube that goes through Jed's nose and into his tummy. I'm not going to think of that just now and keep trying to feed him as much as I can. Today he has eaten a slice of dry bread and each bite was such a miracle. He has kept the bread down. He is no longer interested in the drinking supplements as I think dairy products make him nauseous. He has also just starting drinking some coke. (bla bla bla coke no nutrients but better than nothing). If anyone has any ideas relating to food I am open to anything. I've done everything I can think of... using cookie cutters for the bread.... so i'm running out of ideas.

I'm sure that in the next day or two the eating may improve.
9th May 2009


Thank you once again for your love, support and prayers. I have attached a picture of how the chemo goes into the port, much better than finding a vein.

To all the mommys out there have a wonderful mother's day on Sunday. And to the three Gwans, Funny (mom); Soccer (aunt) and Uncle-bob-gwan (Ray's mom) - I love you all more than I can express. Your love and support is so special to me. Thank you for always rushing to be with us, thank you for wiping my tears, for crying with me, for never missing an MRI or a single operation for Jed, thank you for sitting on plastic chairs and waiting for hours on end for results, for feeding us (even if it is tranquillizers) and for always believing that there will be a miracle for our boy. I feel so blessed to have you in our lives! Happy Mother's day!

Love
Bon x x x

No comments:

Post a Comment