Thursday, May 7, 2009

MRI and start of chemotherapy (not oral)

6th May 2009

Hi everyone,

The MRI is done. Thank you for your prayers, without them I would never have got through today. I was strangely calm so I can only say that it was due to your prayers. My mom never drugged me this time.

The results are.

The cystic lesion measures 1.1cm x 2.1cm in the transverse plane and 1.9cm x 2.8cm in the sagittal plane.

In essence we believe this is good news. I knew that realistically the MRI could not be clear and as Jed was vomiting a lot, my concern was that it had grown substantially. The results show that with the radiation and with the aggressive chemo we have halted it's growth. It remains at about the same size, in the same place as the MRI dated 12 February 2009 (considering this tumour grew 2.8 cm in 4 weeks this is a MIRACLE).
The MRI conclusion report reads: "There is a surgical defect in the left cerebellar hemisphere where a tumour was removed. There is no mass effect. T2 hyper intensity in the surrounding tissue (this could be due to radiation!!!!) There is a subtle enhancement in the rim of the cyst but there are no nodular lesions (praise God) however, this requires follow up. MR imaging of the spinal cord is normal with no evidence of drop metatases (thank you God)
The chemo is running through Jed now and we have been warned that it is very strong and I may have a hectic night/day ahead. At this stage I am so thankful that the Lord has given our medical team the guidance to do all they have done for my son and that thanks to HIM I still have my precious boy in my arms for yet another night.
With lots of love and hugs
Bon, Ray and Jed

1 comment:

  1. Thinking of you both daily...keep up your strength, but also remember that no one expects you to ever be super mom...even though you are! Continue asking for support...and let others know what you need...most people want to help, but just don't know how! Take the breaks when you can!! Get plenty of rest (when you can) those extra zzzs come in handy when you're under a lot of stress...know that I do think of you and Jed daily...always in my thoughts and I'm here if you need to vent out your words!!
    With deep respect & complete understanding...
    Your Canadian Friend...
    Sandra
    a.k.a. Mother of Angel David
    xoxoxo...

    ReplyDelete