Tuesday, November 3, 2009

My fifth birthday


Hi there,

Went for bloods again on Saturday and again Jed's counts are too low for chemo. His platelets are not recovering. He is full of bruises but in very good spirits.

I just watched him open a few of his birthday presents this morning - what a gorgeous little smile. Today my baby is 5 years old. Jed has given me the best 5 years of my life. I have learnt what I now believe to be the real meaning to life and he has forever changed me. I cherish every moment I have with him and I will never stop praying or believing in a miracle for my son.

Happy Birthday my love...

My precious little boy,
You are my pride and joy,
You are the perfect son,
I feel I have already won.....

For the ballies in your head,
a million tears I have shed,
And when it gets too hard at night
you wrap your arms around me and say "mama sleep tight"
Oh God please make this right....

Your soft little touches and gentle kiss
turns my hell into a peaceful bliss
I love your smile
I hear your tears
God knows my fears
Dear Lord I ask for many many more years

You make the sun shine on every cloudy day
I wish I could cuddle your pain away
Jesus please let my baby stay!

Creative juices are awake it seems......Happy Birthday my Snoekie Nocks..... I love you my baby.

Prayers for platelets to go up urgently required! A LP will be done on Monday next week to determine what is up with Jed's bone marrow. But until then I have asked for a complete break from hospitals, doctors, chemo, and cancer. This week I celebrate the joy of my son turning FIVE!!!!

Off to the zoo with Granny Barbara and my very own monkey!

Love and gentle hugs
Bonni

1 comment:

  1. Hi Bonnie, that's a really beautiful poem. I love little Jed as a brother, Its been around 7 months now that I know little Jed, through prayer and our Father in heaven. There is no doubt that God heres your prayers and He knows your heart, well I am currently in England and God keeps me thinking about little Jed, and I just want you to know that I will not stop praying for little Jed even after he recovers from this he will always be in my prayers till the day I meet Jesus and our Father in heaven. God works in mysterious ways, sometimes things may look bad but it is that bad phase that will get you through to the good phase :-) All things are possible with our God, I will always be praying and will be a witness to this miracle. God is in control, He always is.

    God bless you all

    Rethesh Bhugwandeen

    ReplyDelete