Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Fifth birthday Party at Shelley's house


17th November 2009


Hi there,

Yesterday was chemo - it is now moved to Monday's as it just fitted in with Jed's blood counts. Although Jeddy is full of flu the doctor went ahead with the Vincristine dose. Jed's blood counts were good due to the neupogen injections which I have been giving.

When we arrived at Unitas I saw Rene and had a "moment"... tears, snot and totally cracked.... then Vera from Cansa tells me to go to room12 for a therapy session... I am immediately "cheesed" right off. I was not in the mood for the ..."so tell me how you are feeling" kuk... but Vera doesn't take no for an answer. I marched off with my sulky face to room 12 only to find a massage lady waiting for me who did not say a word. I got a full back and neck rub and it was amazing. After that I had my hair cut (even shorter) and a blow-wave - a luxury I don't seem to ever find time to do... it once again, reminds me that there are people out there who do care and make a difference. Here is a thanks to the two ladies who volunteered to cheer the Onco moms up with free treatments.

Dr Reynders (aka Dr Rain-Deer) has confirmed that the MRI will be done in 3 weeks time. Naturally I have a bad case of PMS (Pre-MRI-Stress). The conversations in my head are driving me crazy and there seems to be no silencing them. I have the reasonable, hopeful and religious Bonni believing in the miracle and then there is the over-stressed paranoid Bonni picturing growth - I try to silence them by keeping focused on the now.... and the now is great. Jed has hair, energy and is strong enough for chemo. All we can do is pray that the MRI shows shrinkage or no sign of anything but normal brain tissue... oh God PLEEEEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZEEEEEEEE.....

Please may I ask that you pray for Jaryd (his 5th block of chemo started yesterday). We pray for a leg save and that NO physical damage is done to his leg - Jarry has Ewings Sarcoma. Rene is next - I have started making a scrapbook for her mom on her life; whilst making each page I grow to love this little girl more and more. Rene has a rare blood disorder and her body is rejecting her blood, on Monday her HB (red cell) count was 5.8 - she is bleeding from everywhere, ears, mouth, nose, her vomit is pure blood, so a miracle is really needed for my precious friend Irma and her baby Rene.... Reef is back in hospital with an infection marker of 200 - pray for strength for his mommy who was so excited to go home with him only to return 2 days later. Pray for Connor, he needs a bone marrow transplant as his AML blasts are at 6% meaning the chemo is not getting him to full remission... his sister Megan is hopefully a match if not I will be "toy-toying" (is that a word) for you all to get checked! Jono and Jordi are doing well - yippee.

Attached is a picture from Jed's birthday on Sunday - we got a Ben10 Four arms cake and spent the day with family at my sister's house.... thank you Lulu you are the best!

Love and gentle hugs
Bonni

No comments:

Post a Comment