Thursday, November 26, 2009

Chemo on Monday


24th November 2009

Hi,

Jed has been getting some fevers but nothing too hectic. His red cell count is low at 8.5 - which explains why he is sleeping through the night - well he did last night. His white cells are at 4 - still boosted from the neupogen shots and his platelets were at 98 - this is due to the neupogen and hopefully the Shark Liver Oil is working for him. Jed had Vincristine (chemo) yesterday and seems to have responded well. His legs are sore and he is not managing too well with the swimming at the moment. I have requested that today Sister Fiona cuts his swimming time down. Yesterday after 10 mins Jeddy was exhausted and just wanted to come home..... His infection marker is at 9 (just a cold) but Dr Reynders has sent away a blood culture... We have the "trolley" (Mel's old pram) and the push bike (with a handle) so if we go for a "walk" he has "wheels" and can relax and enjoy while mommy does all the work....

Christopher Beets is still not doing well at all. Please may I ask you to send the prayers - I have been told that it comforts his mother. Just knowing people care gives you enough strength to get through another minute, hour or day... they are going through every mothers worst nightmare so please do send a prayer or just some thoughts to Lauren. Mails can be sent to me and I will forward them on. To my special friends who have sent - I thank you so much!

We are doing Jed's MRI next Wednesday the 2nd of December 2009 - I just don't have the strength try sound chirpy as this is really playing on my mind. I hope that one day the MRI's get easier but for now I feel like I have a ton of bricks on my whole body and the pain in my heart is physical. I seem to be holding back tears all the time. Yesterday I went for a shower and took Vusi with... I sobbed and sobbed... Vusi was a great comfort.... YES I SHOWERED WITH MY DOG! Vusi is having an operation in 2 months time, the vet say that they have to cut the lump out as it could turn to cancer (I hope this means it is not cancer now). Even my f'ing dog is giving me a hard time!


Jed and I are off to the "reach for a dream" Christmas function on Thursday and Jed has written his Christmas Wish list to hand to Santa. Top of the list is a fish.... so ..... i wonder how Father Christmas will feel about a fish (I already know how dad feels about having another pet in the flat)

Please keep all Jed's friends in your prayers (the J team) Jed, Jarry, Jordi, Jono and the others, Rene, Reef, Lefa.......also I ask for prayers for Larry my brother, he is on a huge suicide mission - as life just does not seem worth it for him anymore.... He is so different since the accident and I can only JUST manage to hide my frustration as my son fights for his life - my brother just wants to end his....

If anyone is keen to do a fund raiser for Jed and Jordi (he needs a new wheelchair urgently) please let me know. I can provide a list of all expenses for the boys and trust me it is rather a heap to manage when one parent is no longer employed. Anyone who knows me, knows that I HATE asking so please just arrange something for my boys and don't even mention it to me... Jed's account details are on facebook and the blog. Facebook is "Save little Jed" and the blog is http://jedjourney.blogspot.com/

Attached is Jed and poor little Vusi - they are still cuddled up sleeping as I type this... the bond is so sweet.... Vusi is very tolerant!

Love and gentle sad hugs
Bon, Jed and Vusi

3 comments:

  1. Bon,
    Sending love, prayers, and hugs from across the Atlantic. I wish we were closer so I could physically be there for you.
    You are an amazing mom and woman!
    Love to Jed, you, and your family!
    Rebecca
    Mom of Angelica
    JPA/PMA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Bonni, Jed, Ray and Vusi
    It was lovely to meet you at the CHOC Party on Sunday, you are a lovely family who God is going to take amazing care of! I have been trying since sunday to get into your blog but was typing jedsjourney and decided to try jedjourney and was so happy when it worked! Here are our contact details
    SAMM HIGGINS, MOM TO DEQLAN
    OUR BLOG WWW.DEQLANHIGGINS.BLOGSPOT.COM
    my email: bryb@polka.co.za
    my cell 0824454961
    I just wanted to tell you that we are praying so hard for your MRI tommorow Jed, that its clear and gives you great results. Just continue believing in Our Lord,continue leaning on Him and not your own understanding and he will make your paths straight
    'FOR I KNOW THE PLANS I HAVE FOR YOU' DECLARES THE LORD. 'PLANS TO PROSPER YOU NOT TO HARM YOU , PLANS TO GIVE YOU HOPE AND A FUTURE' JEREMIAH 29;11
    prof Beale also operated on Deqlan - he was fantastic, the previous surgeon was a nightmare to put it nicely
    Bonni, i know exactly what you mean about the conversations in your head. Just tell the devil to take a hike, you have the victory in your hands, you will not entertain thoughts from the devil for one more second, God is The Lord of your life, now beat it!
    I am going to get Deqlans prayer army to say prayers for Jed, i have joined your facebook group and will invite many prayer warriors who will stand in faith with you for Jeds healing and i have asked on our blog for prayers.
    We also ask for prayers for all children we hear about , you are an amazing mom Bonni, who has been blessed with an amazing boy, he is gorgeous! Stay in touch would love to hear from you
    love Samm Mark Deqlan Logan Higgins

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bon
    As promised here are the details of the picnic blanket people for our blanket you liked so much at the choc party

    Jellybeanz Products
    Lise - 084 586 3010
    Email - annelize@jellybeanz.co.za
    Website - http://www.jellybeanz.co.za/


    Was lovely to meet you and Merry Christmas and a wonderful and healthy 2010!

    God bless!

    Megan du Plessis - Deqlans Aunt

    ReplyDelete