Monday, September 14, 2009

Pain in legs


14th September 2009


Hi there,

Jed's bloods looked good. Only concern is red cell count is down to 8 - I will just monitor this.

Jed's is having terrible pains in his legs. I was beyond stressed as I was convinced this was tumour pressure but after chatting to my on-line support group - I believe it is the Vincristine-chemo causing this problem. On Saturday Jed could not walk at all, and it was the most heart breaking thing to witness (makes me realise Michelle's pain watching Jordi). But on Sunday he started using the washing basket as a walk aid and pushed it around to take the pressure off his feet. After a hot bath, massage and some panado Jed was walking on his own by mid day. Today he is sore but is walking with the washing basket (filled with toys and Vusi) and sometimes on his own with his feet wide apart. I guess the doctor will need to decide if the Vincristine dosage may need to be reduced. PLEASE pray that this sorts itself out and that Jed is running around by tomorrow. Doctor suggested another MRI (if no improvement) but I'd rather wait. No more contrast in my son's body for a while if I can avoid it.

It has been a horrid couple of weeks for me and all of sudden I am afraid to be alone (freaky). Anyhow I have one of Jordi's helpers coming in 3 times a week to help me cope! She plays with Jed most of the day and just keeps me company. I feel that I shouldn't be having this kind of luxury given that I am not working but I need it for a while. I am just so paranoid and yes, scared! As soon as I feel up to it I will reduce her days but for now I just can't be alone; I even nag Ray to come home early... annoying Bonni. Jed is my joy, my life and not feeling confident to handle a stressful situation is heart breaking.... but for now i have help and I will be fine!

Please pray for Jed's legs, Jed's cancer, Jed's mom, dad and dog too.

Prayer requests for Reef (below is an update from his gran re his bone marrow transplant); Jordi (MRI on the 21st of September), Jaryd (Ewings Sarcoma), Lefa (ALL), Jono (ALL at the age of 16), and all the other kids (please include the angels Reagan, David, Kelly, William, Luther and Nicole)

Love and hugs
Bon

1 comment:

  1. I want to thank you for sharing your story of Jed. My brother has had brain cancer for 10 years, he is 31, his name is Craig. He has just had his 4th operation yesterday. The cancer has now progressed to stage 3. My heart is breaking for my brother. Your story has been so inspirational for me. Now I don't feel so alone in this dark place called Cancer. My brother continues his fight, he is still in a critical condition at the moment and cannot speak, but I've seen him pull through before and I pray he will pull through this time because I do not want to loose him.

    My prayers for Jed.

    ReplyDelete