Monday, September 21, 2009

Another hospital stay


21st September 2009


Hi,

At around midnight on Thursday, we rushed Jed to Unitas with terrible tummy pain. We arrived and the sister on duty had to prick Jed 4 times before she got the port needle in to draw bloods. My baby screamed and cried with the most excruciating pain. I felt the same as always - totally helpless. At 4am he finally drifted off to sleep in his mommy's arms but rolled around in pain - even though the pain medication was at the max level. Friday we spent the day doing x-rays and a CT scan. Jed was given Iodine to drink but unfortunately he vomited most of it out (I don't blame him it tastes horrid). We did x-rays hourly to follow the contrast and then the CT scan but because the iodine was vomited out it was really difficult for them to read the scans clearly..... The doctor has not confirmed if it is a partial blockage in the intestines or inflammation in the intestines. He was treated for inflammation with cortizone, pain medication and laxatives. If Jed's tummy does not improve Ray and I will look for another opinion, as this seems to be a continuous struggle and we just don't understand the reason behind it..... - AS IF BRAIN CANCER IS NOT ENOUGH!

We arrived home just after 12h00 today and I'm still feeling rather anxious and angry.... yip angry. I don't seem to be able to shake the anger I'm feeling inside. Seeing Jed screaming in pain is torture of the very worst kind - and WHEN DO WE GET A BREAK - as he starts improving boom another bump in the road... kuk kuk kuk! Wish I could just scream ...................

Jed's blood counts look awful; red cells at 7.6 (transfusion was done); platelets at 58 (poor little boy) and white cells at zero!! So isolation and confinment!

I hope that the way I feel is going to ease up soon.

Please pray today for Jordi's MRI results. He went in at 6am - MRI was done from 8am till 11am.... Michelle and Wayne are now waiting for the results. I'm so nervous but I'm trying to be strong and positive for my darling friend. I do believe we will get good results and as Michelle always says.."In God we Trust".

Reef is doing better from what I understand; he has started to eat a little and his temperature is stable. The response to the platelet donation for him was amazing, thanks to everyone involved. Please keep this little man in your prayers too.

And the other's in the ward, Jono, Rene, Itutheng, Caiden, Siyabonga, and every child with cancer. We pray for medicine to advance and for everyone to be aware of this horrible sickness.

And as always pray for my baby boy, there is no greater love than this.

Attached is the reunion of Jed and Vusi....

Love
Bonni

1 comment:

  1. Dearest Little Jed ,may you feel Jesus bless you in your life.One of these days I will be there to give you a giant hug.Lots of love
    Leaine

    ReplyDelete