Sunday, July 12, 2009

Thanks Andre for platelets


12th July 2009

Hi there,

Jed's blood results were no surprise, I knew the platelets were dropping as he had some very bad bruising... he looked like a little abused boy. His legs and butt were black and blue. Platelets were at 24 - his nose had just started bleeding when we got to the hospital. It was such a relief to know that we had clean platelets ready and waiting. Thank you so much to Andre Beaud for making the donation on Thursday. Andre you have given the greatest gift to my son. I am however monitoring the access to all computer equipment around the house... as i'm typing Jed is grabbing at my keyboard... it's Andre's genes from those platelets i'm telling you! His red blood was also below normal at 10 but this was good (for Jed) and due to the transfusion last week. White cells remain at zero... He had neupogen to get that bone marrow working so we hope for an increase. His legs seems sore today from the way he is walking but he is not complaining of any pain (he definitely gets that from my side of the family!! - and the sarcasm floats into the virtual world)

I've had a few down days but it is all Jed's fault!!!!! - he has been asking me very real questions. He really is super smart for a radiated 4 year old. He asked me on Saturday "mama when are my ballies going to be gone?" now I never lie to Jed, I tell him the truth as much as he can understand.... my answer was "baby the ballies are no longer 3 ballies and you only have one but it is still big so we need to still fight it with the doctors and the yukkie medicine" - he seems very disappointed with my answer. It is heartbreaking as the older he gets the more he is understanding that he is different! So i'm even more in love with him and holding him closer than ever, my precious darling baby boy who is my world.

I did my therapy session today... craft shop and coffee with Janet. Ray went to deliver a parcel to DHL with Jed - off to DUR overnight no doubt. I would not allow him to use another courier company and "we" were the cheapest for the Sunday handover!!! I enjoyed the coffee and told Janet when I was getting anxious and she told me in her strong no kuk voice that this was good for JED. She mentioned that I was with him 24/7 and me having 2 or 3 hours away from him was doing HIM the world of good. mmmmm, I did look forward to the break and it is wonderful to sit with someone who knows what I am are thinking and I don't have to pretend to be brave or strong, so if I break it is okay... she is my safe "person" (and best friend) and I thank God for Janet Beaud and her hubby!

Please prayer for Jordi who is in hospital for an infection (spine cancer), Jed (brain cancer), Uncle Bob (cancer), Andi's dad (throat cancer), Tabs (brain cancer), Angelica (brain cancer), Lefa (bone marrow transfusion), Henk (leukemia), Darrian (leukemia), Jolene (brain cancer), Kathlyn (brain cancer), Reef (leukemia),Katheryn (brain cancer), Connor (brain cancer and spine) and the new child that came in last Saturday (not sure of her name but it sounded like tummy cancer)

Attached is a picture of Jed receiving the Andre's platelets! It is my turn this week, and I will be donating for another child as I know that Jed should maintain his counts at least for another week - please feel free to join me anytime!!! I will continue to drive this forward.

With love and hugs
Bon, Ray and Jed "The Tens"

No comments:

Post a Comment