Sunday, July 19, 2009

Continue to pray for Jed 10


19th July 2009


Hello,

The vivid honest truth is my little man is not doing great. He looks exhausted, pale and weak. He looks like a child with cancer! His treatment of Carboplatin was not given this week as overall his muscle tone, reflexes and blood counts were just too low.

Red blood 8 (normal 11 - 15) - below 7.5 is a transfusion - this explains why Jed is tired and so pale, white cells 1, and platelets at 31 - normal range is 200 - 450. I wondered why we did not do the platelet transfusion as from what I have read anything below 40 - you run the risk of internal bleeding - the doctor explains that we need to protect Jed from too many foreign blood products. It is at the point where almost every week we have had to give him blood or platelets. A special thank you to Dale for coming to my rescue and donating platelets for Jed - although it was my turn there is no way I would have been able to travel that far away from Jed. Dale I can't tell you how much Ray and I appreciate your donation. We have requested that your platelets be used for another child (as you know the demand is so great). A very dear friend of mine Barbara has offered to donate this week and that will free Ray up to do a blood donation for Jed.

Our pray for Jed, "

Lord I pray for Jed's immune system to grow stronger day by day. I ask that you protect his 18.7kg body from all infections. The same Spirit that raised Jesus from the dead dwells within Jed. With your grace and power Lord, heal him of his Pilomyxoid Astrocytoma brain tumour - guard his body and give him complete health. Please Jesus protect him from nausea and give his legs strength to run and play! Lord bless his mommy and daddy with a healthy son. I ask you this with my whole heart Lord please! I thank you for healing now Lord!!!!!"

Amen

You see I will get you to pray - just by reading these words you have prayed for my baby boy!

Thank you to Cousin Rach (I love you); Aunty Thelma, Zelda and Meg and Michelle (Jordi's mom) for the love, support and presents. Michelle the big cardboard box was a wonderful idea, we have made a super cool house with it!

No new pictures of Jed today as he is not his normal sexy self - so decided (once again) to place a baby boy picture of Jed (aged 7 months) taken in Egypt when visiting Anthony and Shirley Beckley .

Love and special hugs
Bon, Ray and Precious Brave Jed10

3 comments:

  1. Our prayers and thoughts are with Jed, and his entier family, especially Bon, Ray, Jean and Thelma. Jed is such a trouper, and if any young boy can beat these awful odds, it is he.

    Much love,
    Michael and Arnold lovingly awaiting every word in Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My prayers are with you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Read your post and said an additional prayer for wee Jed 10.

    ReplyDelete