Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Vusi died yesterday

Hello everyone,

Our little Vus Vus puppy died yesterday. He was barking at the maid and I hit the bed and shouted "Vusi stop barking" he got a fright fell off the bed, hit his tiny head on the corner of the set of draws, broke his neck and was dead on landing. We rushed him to vet and I insisted they do everything to try bring my little puppy back, but it was too late......

Vusi was not just a dog, he was the little boy who at 3am when "suicide hour" hit would lick my tears and cuddle up to me. He was my replacement of the lack of affection, he'd keep me warm and he was my little comforter. When Jed would go for treatment I'd say "we gotta get this done coz little Vus Vus is waiting". Jed would rush through it so we could get home to our doggie.

My heart is broken into a million pieces. Losing Vus just highlighted once again how in an instant your world can change. - If I never shouted to him to stop barking he may not have fallen off the bed.... if . ... if ... if....

On the way to the vet I was crying and driving very fast. Jed said... "mom don't drive fast, Vus Vus is already with Jesus, Jesus told me... there is a special heaven where doggies go, and mom Vus is okay so stop crying" - my son shocks me....

The clocks ticking is louder and the silence is hurting my ears.... I miss my little doggie and I feel extra lonely now....

Ray has already said that he does not want another dog in the flat but it doesn't matter cos Vus is irreplaceable.

In Nemo-The Movie-Dori sings to Nemo when he is scared of the dark "just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming" and when times are hard I sing it too... but right now the current seems too strong...... with my puppy gone..

Please pray for us.

Love Bon and Jed

4 comments:

  1. Praying hard. Wish there was more I could do, but for now I'll stick to praying hard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking about you and praying, I'm busy with the book 'The Shack' and everything makes SO much sense in there, but then I go back to real life and NOTHING makes sense.....its terrible!!!
    But I'll keep you and Jed in my prayers!!!
    'For I know the plans I have for you', declares the Lord. 'Plans to prosper you, not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.' Jer. 29:11
    Nina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish I had words... wish I knew what to say... My heart is with you... our prayers are with you ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking of you Bonita and your son Jed. I know I have been where you are at today. You don't know who to turn to, stay beside his bedside and on your knees too. Take pictures, pray, cry, scream and research. Sending God's love and peace to you and for him to surround with His kindness and grace in the people he sends every hour of every day!

    Sincerely
    Julie Knight
    www.caringbridge.org/visit/brendonknight

    ReplyDelete