Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Update on Chemo Protocol


19th April 2010


Hi everyone,

After an intense meeting with our oncologist we have decided to go onto the "watch and wait" period with MRI's every 2 months - for those who think this is too often I'd like to remind you that Jed's tumor grew aggressively after his 2nd surgery and it was at half way after 4 weeks. The medical aid have agreed to pay for the MRI scans every 4 months which means we will pay for every 2nd MRI - we are looking at about R13 000 - 15 000 per MRI (but I'm going to negotiate a cash upfront discount and plead my case). PLEASE ensure that you get your fund raiser ticket - we are having the function on the 15th of May and there are still 50 odd tickets up for grabs - this fundraiser is for Jed and Jordan - Michelle has a self payment gap on her MRI's of about R9 000 per MRI so we are both kind of stressing so PLEASE attend our little function for these amazing dudes. We promise a night of fun, great prizes, gifts and entertainment at only R160 per ticket.

We have our last Vincristine push through on Sunday and then our watch and wait begins... already Jed's blood counts look like a normal child's results. I'm thinking over the next 2 months I am going to take him to the shops, to play golf, the park, to play with friends and enjoy his chemo break - I intend to enjoy my son as never before and I look forward to the most amazing quality time, fresh air and people - a blessing!

I would like to also suggest that the first week of May we make our prayer week - I will be mailing out a prayer each morning for a week, clear and specific requests regarding Jed's healing, if you don't want to receive the mail let me know, otherwise you are all gonna get it.

Thank you to everyone who has donated clothes to Rainbows and Smiles, Norms, Charls, Winny, Claire and Barbara (AGAIN). The charity is almost legal and I look forward to posting pictures of children receiving toys to make them SMILE!


Another thank you to Becks (my IKO's were rather difficult to meet this year so I thank you for the ongoing support) and my precious cousin Shirley - you both know why - I love and appreciate you so much!

In God we TRUST!!!

Love and hugs
Bon
Proudly Jed's mom (oh and Vus Vus)

2 comments:

  1. HI BON - I ALSO HAVE SOME CLOTHES FOR YOU, LET ME KNOW NEXT TIME YOU AT UNITAS AND I CAN TRY AND BRING THROUGH FOR YOU? GOD BLESS LOVE SAMM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonni....I want it! Let me know how to pray for Jed (and you) in the coming weeks! Love to you both!
    ~d.

    ReplyDelete