Monday, August 3, 2009

No greater love

3rd August 2009


Hi,

As i'm typing i'm fighting the urge to let the lump in my throat burst - I'll be wailing like a African mama at a funeral... I tell you the urge to explode is there.... I fight the physical pain in my chest with every key stroke... and the reason.. MRI... breath MRI.... breath... MRI MRI MRI MRI.... an MRI is our cancer marker... how is the tumour doing? We booked the MRI for the 5th of August 2009 on Wednesday... Please pray for wonderful results...please, please, please..... splash splash (my silly tears)

Jed had his big chemo although his blood counts are still super low the doctor advised that we could not delay for another week. Jed had 80% of his Carbo and the full Vincristine. He vomited lots during the night on Saturday but has been very chirpy today considering. Jed continues to amaze me with his determination and strength. On Wednesday I will start to inject him with neupogen (this will assist the bone marrow to start working).

Today I spend the morning at the craft shop and had coffee with Janet. I've missed this over the last two weeks... I felt I needed to get the break but I did spend 99% of the time with a massive headache from the stress of being away from my boy... Lucky for me, Janet knows me so ignored my pounding headache and chatted away about the "little things". As we walked out of the coffee shop i saw a mom with her son walking casually past us... I then asked Janet if that women knew how lucky she was that her son was healthy.... Janet said "No buddy, not unless she knows you or someone like you". Please don't ever take anyone for granted.

....lots of people have said that they don't know what to say to me... I'm at that point as I type the next part of my mail... To Becks (Anthony Beckley), Shirley Beckley (his gorgeous wife), Brian Hull, Chuck and Yunita Mowray thank you so very much for paying for Jed's MRI on Wednesday. Knowing the status of the tumour means knowing if our treatment plan is working.... you may be saving my babies life... how could I ever say thank you... thank you just doesn't seem enough....so no "right" words but know how much we appreciate this wonderful wonderful gift! May God Bless you for this! Anthony please don't be grumpy for the public mail... I just love you guys and I can't do anything else but tell you this way so let me just have this little moment to tell the special people just how wonderful my friends are....

Attached is my PERFECT boy, perfect in every single way.... no greater love!

Love
Bonni, Ray and Jed10 000!

1 comment:

  1. TFS this special photo. Will say a wee prayer for Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete