Monday, June 15, 2009

Chemo No 5 - 76 left


15th June 2009


Hi,

Jed's chemo went very well. No vomiting. Your prayers are working!!!!

Blood results: White cells at 2.06 (Normal is 5 - 15), his Neutrophils and Lymphocytes (Viral and Bacterial fighters) were VERY low so he had a Neupogen shot - this brings up the white cell counts; making the bone marrow work harder.... Red cells at 9.3 (Normal is 11 - 14), this is slightly low but does not warrant a transfusion - just means Jed will be a bit tired this week and grumpy. Platelets were at 125 (Normal is 200 - 450), Jed did not need Andre Beaud's platelets as they only do the transfusion if the platelets are about 40 or below. They try protect the kiddies from foreign "blood" products as much as possible. Andre's platelets were there and ready but would be used for another child. What a gift!!!! My platelet transfusion is this Thursday and I am 100% sure that Jed will not be needing them as his platelet count is very "good". I'm donating for someone else and yet I'm just as excited to do it. I'm hoping that you guys find it in your hearts to start donating for these children too. Please... nag nag nag.... If you want any more information on this please call me anytime or just drop me a mail. This is my way of promoting something we can do that can help Cancer Children live a longer a better quality of life.

Jed gained 200 grams, i'm sure this was a massive pooh as his tummy did not work for 3 days, but as Judy the dietitian was congratulating me I decided to suck up the credit for it... I have worked very very very hard on his eating and I enjoyed the praise. Jed is now 18kgs... 2kgs from goal weight! Jed's supplements for the week cost me/us/you R368 - I thought that was rather expensive for a little guy but they are working so it is worth it. Although I'm moaning about the expense it is Jed's fund paying and not me! I got the name of the supplier of the supplements and they agreed to give it to us at a much lower price (so if you know of anyone needing supplements I have contacts)

Jordi is out of hospital and back home doing very well! Thank you to everyone who prayed for him during his stay in hospital. I saw Michelle on Friday and I think she lost about 5 kgs while Jordi was ill. She really looked thin (gorgeous but thin)... I'm still living on Jed's scraps so my weight is rather healthy.

As for me, I'm doing okay, been crying lots this weekend and trying to figure out the answer to my questions of ...why me, why ANY of these beautiful children.... bla bla.... just feels like i'm living a nightmare and that at any moment someone is gonna tap me on the shoulder and go.... ha ha just kidding this isn't your life...wake up wake up!

Please keep praying for us and keep our faith going....

Love and so many huge hugs
Bon, Ray and Jed x x x

5 comments:

  1. Isn't it wonderfull,happy to hear all the good news.God is good....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have just read your letter to Your Baby and my heart absolutely broke. Please know that you are all in my thoughts and I will pray with every cell in my body for your beautiful baby boy to get better. Much love Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi There
    Who do I e mail if you need me to donate, I am o positive.
    My e mail add is rohlandt@netactive.co.za
    My name is Diane
    My cell number is 082-8310404
    My thoughts and prayers go out to you. Keep Strong.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog on the Ben 10 at Gallagher. I would love to help... how do you suggest we get him involved?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you don't mind, but I sent a request to SA's radio station 94.7 highveld stereo to make Little Jed's dream coming true about going to the Ben 10 at Gallagher. I will pray for Jed that the rude awakening can make little Jed's Dream come true. Perhaps there is some way we can let him go to the event??

    ReplyDelete