Monday, October 12, 2009

A healthy naughty boy


Hi there,

Blood tests on Saturday came with the normal frustrations of waiting for the results. Jed was once again a little darling. No tears when they pricked him and only a full when they removed the plaster - well I removed it. All counts were low but not low enough for a transfusion (yippeee). I am a little concerned about his on/off nose bleeds but I refuse to let anything negative creep into our very positive couple of weeks. Jed continues to do fantastic, he even has hair (a little) at the moment. If you didn't know that Jed had brain cancer - maybe - just maybe - you'd think he was just another naughty 4 year old.

I haven't posted an update on the visit to Dr Snyckers, for a number of reasons. It was not the most positive of experiences.... he did not overwhelm me with his charm. I was warned about the lack of charm but if I am gonna trust you with my child's life ..a little charm would be nice.... surgery is currently not an option. I wanted to meet him and I did... If surgery becomes essential at some stage I will re-look at that decision. And Secondly, I believe that Dr Weinberg knows the way into Jed's brain and if ever we needed to re-visit surgery I think my gut would go back to the man who has saved Jed's life twice. Just pray that we never re-visit this decision. The visit to Dr Snyckers is checked off my to-do list. The man is a wonderful surgeon and now he knows about Jed... that was my objective so for now it is done.

Today I woke up feeling rather down, missing the normal things like shopping, working (oddly, i enjoyed that), my garden, friends and just living.... but the day ended well... Jed, Ray, Vusi and I went to have professional photo's done with Cathy Heaton. What an amazing photographer and person. I even had my make-up done. Jed was the perfect little model for his photo shoot... Cathy saw Jed's article in "your baby" mag and joined his facebook group (Save Little Jed) and we became friends. She offered to take pictures of Jed as a gift - what an amazing gift by one of the most talented photographers. I hope you enjoy seeing them as much as we enjoyed having them done. Jed had such a great day that when we left the quiet northern estate he threw a mighty EAST RAND tantrum. I was most embarrassed by his behaviour and when I spoke to him about what he did, he told me it was not his fault he was upset because Vusi was sad to leave the house. mmmm


If you would like to see more of Cathy's work visit http://www.cathyheaton.co.za/

Please remember our boys and girls in your prayers..... also the mommies of angels.

Love
Bon, Ray, Jed10 and Vusi
"In God we Trust"

2 comments:

  1. Hi there

    I do not even know you or your georgeous little boy, but I want to commend the 2 of you for your courage and faith in these uncertain times....

    Jeds' story has touched my heart and moms commitment to being so strong is truly inspirational.

    I commit to lifting you and your precious little boy up to God everyday in prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Bonny
    My name is Gillian. My little boy Declan was born with cancer in June last year and we spent 8 months with him having chemo, radiation and many surgeries. We set up a website for Declan and I was wondering if I could post a link of Jed's site on Dec's site and ask the people of Dec's site to pray for Jed and to support you and visit your site. There are so many amazing people on that site who are so full of encouragement and I would love to "introduce" then to Jed. Please would you mail me on aurasa@metroweb.co.za to let me know if I can do that. I really know how tough this battle is and you need all the support, love and prayers you can get. I hope to hear from you. Love Gillian

    ReplyDelete